Disney Dreams! was added just in time for the 20th anniversary of Disneyland Paris brining a boost to the dwindling night time entertainment. This boost was a benchmark, a benchmark for which other Disney Parks now aim for.
It put Disneyland Paris on the map, bluntly. It flicked the other Disney resorts on the arm and gave a cheeky grin out of proud bravado, and rightly it should.
Comprising of elements from all over the Disney globe; Fantasmic’s water screens, Wishes fireworks, World of Color’s fountains, Illuminations LED’s and fire, matched to Magic the Memories & You’s projection ability and the spectacular Disneyland Paris searchlights. It truly is a recipe for amazement.
So what makes the show?
Thanks to @CafeFantasia for some of these stats and the push to go make some pointless factoids. (Well best guesses!)
- Shown over 400 times (sometimes even twice a night, once three times!)
- Over 3 million reported viewers of the show (likely a LOT higher)
- Which makes around 8000 people per show
- That basically fills most exhibition halls in the UK!
- As many people watch Dreams each night as watch Fantasmic in Disney World
- As many as 450 fireworks can be shown in one show
- It takes just 30 minutes to reload the show for another go
- 260′ of coverage, for great viewing all round the hub!
- 4000 pixel projections
- @25 frames per second
- 100,000 pixels per second
- 1320 seconds run time
- 132,000,000 pixels per show
- Edited over 5 weeks
- Displayed over 18 £125,000 projectors.
- Which are fed from 12 £20,000 video servers
- and 2 £38,000 lighting desks
- not to mention 32 static and
- 6 moving fountains and
- 24 LED’s per fountain
- 864 LED’s making the fountains glow
- 15 flames
- 10 searchlights (using 70,000W of electricity!)
- but just 1 star!
See @CafeFantasia‘s Finale Video to see the full effect of this amalgamation of technology!
And DRLP Magic’s YouTube channel for the full video (including the soon to be released Light’Ears)
What other pointless numbers can we pull?