This page lists any confirmed details regarding the expansion of Disneyland Paris. Other snippets of info will be under the rumoured tab.
Two billion euros have been set aside for a massive multi year expansion at Disneyland Paris. We will update this page as details become available. This project should be open to the public in 2025.
Walt Disney Studios
The latest news from the French consultation site (then translated to English) gives us a few more concrete details of what we are getting.
– 3 hectare lake (about three rugby pitches in size)
– 9,800m frozen land floor area – about a rugby pitch in size
– 19,000m Star Wars land – about two rugby pitches in size
All complete by 2026!
New Marvel-Themed Attraction: Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith will be completely reimagined into a new Marvel-themed attraction where riders will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers on a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure.
Worldwide Engineering Brigade
Spider Man attraction announced as the ‘worldwide engineering brigade’ featuring never before seen technology and effects to interact with super heroes. You get to experience what it’s like to be a super hero. Alongside Spider Man and his new suit for this mission.
Star Wars Land
A whole new masterplan in development for the Disney Village and its outlook.
Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel
Additionally Disney’s Hotel New York® will soon be reimagined to become Disney’s Hotel New York – The Art of Marvel, becoming the first Disney Hotel to showcase the thrilling world of the Avengers. With exclusive artwork and a new design, it will be a residence fit for Tony Stark himself. The hotel is scheduled to open from refurbishment in 2020.
500 million euros set aside for updates and attractions at Disneyland Park
Information from the public question and answer sessions
- Third gate is still planned, and land set aside, for far far in the future.
- Disneyland Paris is the 2nd largest Disney resort (6 times smaller than WDW)
- ‘South’ bus terminal and train station entrance will open June 2019
- Longer stays not specifically new guests are the driving force behind the expansion works
- One third will be concrete, the remaining two thirds will be greenery
- Geothermal energy is a first for Disney resorts.
- Project commenced in 2013 through a study
- Due to changes in French law regarding local rents and air bnb, Disneyland Paris are assessing their hotel portfolio.
- 8m berm to surround park
- Most of the work will be completed during day, very little night working.